Sheela Kapre, M.D.
Chief Medical Officer
message from our cheif medical officer
“San Joaquin General Hospital’s graduate medical education is one of the most prestigious programs in Northern California. Our training programs have successfully served California, and the nation with accomplished medical professionals. Our GME programs are built around strong research and clinical education components. We are an affiliate of U.C. Davis School of Medicine. San Joaquin County is situated in the hub of Northern California’s world-leading medical research university hospitals. Our unique location, near the Silicon Valley, enables us to intergrate the best technology with medical education and patient care.
Bring your medical career to life at San Joaquin General Hospital."
new applicants For The SJGH Residency Programs
applying to our family medicine program
applying to our internal medicine program
applying to our surgery program
The San Joaquin General Surgery Program only accepts ERAS applications. Our program fills 3 Categorical and 3 preliminary positions through the National Residency Match Program (NRMP). All applicants must meet the following criteria and provide the following documents as part of their ERAS application:
- Deans Letter and Medical School Transcripts
- 3 Letters of Recommendation - preferably from Dept. of Surgery faculty
- Personal Statement
- USMLE Step I/II/CS (first attemp only)
- Applicants should have graduated from medical school within three years prior to applying
- International Medical Graduates must have the following:
- International Medical Graduates (IGM) must have a valid certificate from ECFMG
- International Medical Graduates (IMG) must have a California Medical Board Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter (PTAL) or indicate to us that it is being processed.
- Only J1 Visas are sponsored
San Joaquin General Hospital will hold 3 interview dates in 2017 which will consist of the following:
- Friday Afternoon: Interview with Program Director and Chair of Surgery
- Friday Evening: Reception and Dinner with Surgery Residents
- Saturday Morning: Interview with Surgical Faculty